Thursday 26 March 2015

Harry Potter is a brilliant children's book. It was the series that kept me entertained for hours and the films were just as good. I decided to focus on Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone published in 1997 as I enjoyed both watching and reading the parts with Bertie Bott's Every Flavour Beans, Chocolate Frogs and all sorts! These out of the ordinary sweets used to fill me with excitement and I often wished I could buy the earwax flavour jelly bean that Dumbledore eats at the end of the book. (Don't ask me why.)





The lists of all the treats available shows Harry's disbelief of all the things there are available and how none of them he has heard of before. Harry's excitement makes him appear childlike as any child who saw all those weird and wonderful foods would probably want to do the same and buy everything!




Just before Christmas I visited Harry Potter World and it was great. I got to see all the sets and the great hall and the tables were covered with roast chicken, potatoes, peas, everything you would expect to eat with a roast dinner!







Look at all that food! (Of course it the food was real but it looked just as good.)












At the end of the tour I went to the gift shop and it was crazy! There were children everywhere picking up Chocolate Frogs, Jelly Beans, everything! 'Mum, can I have these please? Oh and maybe this too?' That was all I could hear, just like Harry the children wanted to try everything too. I'll be honest so did I, but when I looked at the prices, there was no way I was going to spend that! £8.99 for ONE CHOCOLATE FROG!?










So I decided to make my own simply by melting some chocolate, spooning the chocolate into molds and then putting in the fridge to set. Here's how they turned out.

So they didn't turn out too badly, however the parrot lost his tail, oops. They may not be as good as the official Harry Potter Chocolate Frogs but they are definitely cheaper and more worth your money!










No comments:

Post a Comment